‘One of the greatest films ever made, horror or otherwise’
‘A classic supernatural enigma, once seen never forgotten’
‘It’s devastating, it’s terrifying, and I think every single person with a pulse should watch it at least once and then immediately call their loved ones’
‘Read between the lines of the exhilarating twists, turns, scares, thrills, and shocks, and you’ll discover a genuinely fascinating study of inter-generational gender tension…’
The Digital Fix
Escape this bank holiday with seminal Australian horror Lake Mungo from director Joel Anderson, which is set for its highly anticipated first ever UK Blu-ray release as a stunning Limited Edition Box set on 31 May 2021. This cult favourite arrives with a host of brand new, fascinating special features from specialist in the field Second Sight Films.
Since its original release in 2008, this documentary-style chiller has made far reaching ripples, thrilling horror fans and inspiring budding filmmakers across the globe and establishing itself as a bona fide cult classic. Now the chilling film gets the release it deserves that sees brand new interviews with cast and crew; filmmaker fans Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead and director du jour Host’s Rob Savage; a brand new commentary, video essays and archive material.
When sixteen-year-old Alice Palmer tragically drowns while swimming in the local dam, her grieving family start to
experience a series of strange, inexplicable events and become increasingly unsettled. Seeking out the help of a
parapsychologist, they learn that Alice had been living through extremely troubling, disturbing times and hiding deep, dark secrets. Now they are desperate to know what haunted their daughter and what is happening to them. Does Lake Mungo hold the terrifying truth?
Lake Mungo is a favourite around here and this release is a truly exciting one considering all of the extras filling out the boxset. Have a quick look below to see what Second Sight Films have in store for you.
• Archive audio commentary by Producer David Rapsey and DoP John Brawley
• New audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Emma Westwood
• Captured Spirits: an interview with DoP John Brawley
• Ghost in the Machine: an interview with Producer David Rapsey
• A Cop and a Friend: an interview with Actors Carole Patullo & James Lawson
• Kindred Spirits: Filmmakers Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead on Lake Mungo
• Hosting Spirits: Filmmaker Rob Savage on Lake Mungo
• Simulacra and Spirits: a video essay by film writer Josh Nelson
• Autopsy of a Family Home: a video essay by filmmaker Joseph Wallace
• Deleted scenes
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Rigid slipcase
• Perfect-bound booklet with new essays by Sarah Appleton, Simon Fitzjohn, Rich Johnson, Mary Beth McAndrews and Shellie
McMurdo, interview with actor James Lawson by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas plus rare behind-the-scenes photos
• Three collectors’ art cards
Title: Lake Mungo Limited Edition Blu-ray
Release Date: 31 May 2021
Running Time: 87 mins
Pre-order here: bit.ly/LakeMungoLtd